Wednesday, August 04, 2010

'I Do Not Want Him Thinking I Am Just a Helpless Little Girl'

Obviously she's not.
A hapless burglar came off second-best after he was caught red-handed by a home-alone 12-year-old girl - who promptly kicked him in the groin.

Brave Georgia Bulis-Gray went to investigate after she heard a door slam in her parents' kitchen and found herself confronting a hooded intruder.

The schoolgirl, who said she didn’t want the smirking man to think she was helpless, kicked him hard, forcing him to flee in agony from the house in Bosham, West Sussex.

Georgia then called the police and even had the presence of mind to do a quick sketch of the man she had just seen.

Georgia, a second year pupil at Chichester High School, West Sussex, said: 'He just smiled at me and I thought, "I do not want him thinking I am just a helpless little girl".

'It made me angry that he was doing something wrong and I did not want him to think that just because I am a little girl it did not matter what he was doing.

'He looked shocked that I did not scream or run away and faced up to him. I kicked him very hard and he groaned and then ran out of the side gate.

'I ran to the front door to see which direction he was running to. I did not want him going to anyone else's house.'

Georgia said of her 'photo-fit' sketch: 'It is not very good but I knew I had to draw something while his face was still fresh in my mind.'

Relieved mother Joanna, 48, admitted she was amazed at the bravery of her daughter in such a highly-pressurised situation.

She said: 'I am very proud of her she was incredibly brave to do what she did. He was a lot bigger than her.

'When she told me what she had done I was absolutely terrified. I dread to think what could have happened.
Yeah, crazy things can happen when you leave 12-year-old girls home by themselves.

No comments: