Tuesday, June 12, 2007

By way of Introduction

First off before I start talking about myself I want to give a big thanks to Jammie for inviting me along for the ride. I appreciate the opportunity and I will try to, as we say down south, do him proud.
I have been a frequent poster on a couple of other blog sites most notably Little Green Footballs, and it is through LGF that Jammie noticed me, so a big hat tip to Charles for giving us that platform.
Now about me. I retired from the Army in 1999 after 22 years of active duty. I now have a real job, that should please all those people who were constantly asking me that. I like to think I have a good sense of humor so I try to make sure that comes out, although I do have my moments when I go over to the Dark Side. One thing I never take lightly is standing up to the enemies of this country and by extension my family and all those things I spent a life protecting. You know those nebulous concepts like Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness our Founding Fathers talked about.
While I try to find my niche in my fledgling blogging experience it may appear that I am all over the place, politics, war on Islamic extremists, our military, and the occasional odd story that makes you scratch your head and go Huh I hope to bring forth stories or subjects that may not necessarily be the hot topic of the day, but interesting or entertaining.
Being a resident of the south I hope to give you a taste of the goings on around the south also. Trust me California does not have a lock on all the moonbats. I live in a state that brought you Cynthia "The cutest little communist in congress" McKinney, but we also gave you Newt Gingrich, Jimmy Carter, and Bob Barr. Quite an eclectic group of personalities.
My main interest is in our military and the fight they are in for what is becoming more and more apparent the biggest threat facing the world in the 21st Century. It is not a war on terror, as it has been named, but rather a fight against Islamic extremism. If you want an eye opening experience go visit the blogs written by the guys and gals who have been there, are there, and have the t-shirt. The Islamo fascist has killed far more of their fellow Muslims then they have of the evil Satan, America. They are waging war on every continent with but one goal, the imposition of their radical, perverted view of Islam on all non-believers. While we in America tend to concentrate on Al Queda and, what have you done lately Bin Ladin, the under reported fact is they are trying to advance on all fronts. They kill the Buddhists in India and Thailand. The Christians in the Philippines. They are waging a brutal campaign against what they view as the lesser Muslims of the African continent.
My secondary interest is in politics. I actually became more involved in politics when I realized that so many of the people who have been elected to national office in this country have only one priority, and it ain't national security, but rather winning the next election. This latest immigration battle has been the best example of the American people taking it to the people who are being paid to represent us. Even then though it boiled down not to what is right for America but rather which stance on the issue would gain them more votes. While they tried to act like they are listening to their constituents in truth they were pulling the same ploy made popular by Yassir Arafat. Yassir was famous for saying one thing to his Arabic speaking crowd, normally exhorting them to kill Jews, and a completely different thing to his western enablers. I have tracked the comments made by my 2 senators, who actually sat on the committee to draft this legislation. At first they tried to defend the bill, but when it looked like the folks at home were rounding up the pitchforks and warming up the tar for the feathers, they became a little less in support of the bill. Yet when they returned to Washington they once again started making nice with the likes of Ted Kennedy not realizing us regular Joes back home were still tracking their movements. When it was determined that they would lose more votes from the folks at home then they would gain from the Hispanic community they were courting they cooled on the idea completely.
So there you have it. Once again thanks to Jammie for giving me this opportunity and while I can't promise a daily dose 'cause 'ya know I got a "real" job I hope to add to the discussion for better or worse.

No comments: