Thursday, August 14, 2008

Damage Control: Clooney Throws Himself Under Obama's Bus


He's been touted as an unofficial adviser to The Messiah, is hosting a fundraiser for The Anointed One in Switzerland, but now we're supposed to believe these two barely know each other.

Sure.
George Clooney is strongly denying reports that he has been phoning and texting Barack Obama with support and advice on presentational style and policy matters.

Hollywood heart-throb Clooney is known to have strong views on Middle East politics and is a strong supporter of the Democratic Party. Sources claimed he is friendly with Presidential candidate Obama and has become an unofficial advisor.

One source said: ‘A number of members of the Hollywood community, including Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, offered to help raise funds for Barack but it was with George that he struck up this amazing affinity.
So someone's lying here and I have my suspicions who it is.
'George has been giving him advice on things such as presentation, public speaking and body language and he also text and emails him about policy, especially the Middle East.'

But Clooney has issued a strong statement in response to the claims:
"I have never texted or emailed Senator Obama. And I'll offer a million dollars to anyone who could prove otherwise.

'In fact, I've only talked to the Senator once in the last year and a half....on the phone. I've spent more time with Senator McCain (he did my TV show) then I have with Senator Obama.

'I would hope that my friend John McCain would join me in condemning this kind of politics. Although I support Senator Obama I would never be dumb enough to offer policy advice to either candidate. They seem to be doing fine without me."

A spokesman for Barack Obama also denied the story.
Cute little headfake there trying to link himself more with McCain.

No comments: