Wednesday, November 05, 2008

HuffPost Trolls For Reaction to Obama Win, Invents Quotes from 'Right-Wing Reaction'

I guess I should be flattered those towering intellects over at the Huffington Post cesspool have noticed a lowly "right-wing" blogger like me, but I must take umbrage when some unknown non-entity I've never heard of plays it cute by fabricating a quote and assigning it to me, and does the same with a wide variety of "right-wing" bloggers. Sure, he'll claim it's satire or whatever, but he completely misrepresents the entire relevance and tone of my post, which was a strict opinion piece this morning reflecting on the elections and the fallout for the GOP and what could happen with the Democrats. I guess being gracious, congratulating Barack Obama and offering my opinion was more than he could take.

I'll quote from my update to the original before I opine further.
Update: I see some alleged "journalist" from the Huffington Post has invented a quote and linked here. Having read the above, I would like to know where I was being anything more than gracious to Barack Obama. Here is the "quote" from the HuffPost cub reporter Jason Linkins:
JAMMIE WEARING FOOL: "Now, the Democrats will learn the perils of being in charge of the entire government, and they'll be sorry."
Well, Jason, here's what I said, in case your readers were inclined to think otherwise.
So let the Democrats celebrate and enjoy their victory. Now comes the hard part: actually governing and holding their majorities. When they last had such edges following the 1992 elections, they lurched too far to the left and paid an enormous price in 1994.
Well, what do you know, this is what Nancy Pelosi said today:
While Democrats are eager to churn out the new president's legislative programs, they're also anxious to avoid the electoral wipeout that swept them from power in the 1994 congressional elections.

That's one reason top leaders like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi promise not to lurch to the left and give in to pent-up demands from party liberals.

"The country must be governed from the middle," Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters Wednesday. "You have to bring people together to reach consensus on solutions that are sustainable and acceptable to the American people."
Of course, Pelosi is as full of shit as Jason Linkins, but she at least understands not to make such mistakes again.

Or to make up quotes and attribute them to others. Maybe when Jason Linkins takes a class in journalism, he'll learn that.
So having thought about my opinions from this morning, I wouldn't change a thing. Except maybe for this: I might be gracious to my political opponents when they win, but they should never forget that I also want to win, and they better be ready for the next contest. That's life, that's politics, and that's any endeavor you ever engage in.

But when some slimy cocksucker from an Internet hate site thinks he can just drive by and completely misrepresent what I say and pretend to quote me then I need to remind him, and the rest of the "left-wing" bloggers out there that have spent eight years engaging in the ugliest smears and bile imaginable, that payback is really going to suck for you guys.

I tried to be conciliatory, offered my advice, and it took less than 12 hours for some putrid worm to throw it back in my face. Well, it's on. You're on defense now. Get ready for the onslaught.

Barack Obama will be my president and I wish him well. I hope he surprises me and governs more to my liking. Though I suspect he will not and I will be free to criticize him as I please. Now the Jason Linkins of the world will discover that freedom of the press means we conservatives also have the right to practice what he and his ilk have engaged in since the Florida recount.

Enjoy playing defense.

Update: Charles Johnson reacts.

No comments: