Thursday, December 17, 2009

Religious Differences Lead to Honor Killing


The BBC reports that this honour killing was the result of a religious disagreement, but fails to mention which religion or religions. I guess it must be a revival of the old Catholics versus Protestants thing that raged through England in centuries past.
The court previously heard Mehmet Goren disapproved of Tulay's relationship with factory worker Halil Unal because of religious differences and the fact Mr Unal was 15 years older than Tulay.
Tulay Goren was a 15 year old girl, and yeah I might have a little problem if I had a 15 year old daughter having a relationship with a 30 year old guy, but I think I would pursue child molestation charges, and I might be tempted to visit some real harm on the guy, but this father's solution is to kill his daughter.

It has taken 10 years to see justice done because no body was ever found.

I sure wish they would have said what those religious differences might have been.

No comments: