Monday, January 11, 2010

Warning: Watching Avatar May Be Hazardous To Your Health


People it is a movie! The location created by James Cameron for the movie Avatar, called Pandora, is no more real then any of the alien planets in the Star Wars series or mythical lands from Narnia, and yet somehow people are being thrown into deep depressions and are even having thoughts of suicide after watching the movie.
"Ever since I went to see Avatar I have been depressed. Watching the wonderful world of Pandora and all the Na'vi made me want to be one of them. I can't stop thinking about all the things that happened in the film and all of the tears and shivers I got from it," Mike posted. "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' "

I haven't seen the movie, and don't intend to see it. It will be out on DVD soon enough and if I am so inclined then I will get a copy and watch it. I like going to a good movie once in awhile to escape the realities of day to day life, but at the end that is all it is. A brief respite for a couple of hours and then it is time to rejoin the rat race.

These have got to be the same people who think the science is settled in regards to climate change, whichever way the temperatures go, and still look forward to the tooth fairy visiting them.

Maybe I am just prejudiced against blue people, I don't like the Smurfs either.

No comments: