Friday, November 17, 2006

Just Go Away, Please

Eleven years past one of the most ridiculous verdicts in American history, the thing known as O.J. Simpson resurfaces, and a firestorm has ensued.

Simpson reportedly has a book in the works and is to appear on Fox TV (not to be confused with Fox News Channel).

Michelle Malkin checks in here with The O.J. Orgy

You wanna make money and attract eyeballs by putting on a vulgar, sweeps-week O.J. freak show? Go ahead. But don't dress it up as public interest journalism, or a historically significant probe "to gain insight into the mind of a sociopath," or a noble search for truth that adds something worthwhile to public discourse. This new specatcle adds nothing. Nothing. We already know the truth. As La Shawn Barber put it bluntly, O.J. Simpson is hellbound. What more is there to "understand?" Haven't there been enough endless interviews giving the sociopath a platform to bare his rotted soul and mind?


Meanwhile, FNCers like O'Reilly and Geraldo, never ones to ride below the PR radar, are outraged. Outraged, I tell you.

Others over there, like the loathesome Alan Colmes, head straight for the gutter, based on his exchange with Mark Fuhrman. Colmes apparently is auditioning for a role as Dumbest Man in America.

Now Judith Regan is trying to extricate herself from this mess.

I don’t know why he did it—why he did the book, and sat for the interview. Was it his own disturbed need for attention? Did he have remorse? Was he ready to come clean and make amends and do his penance? I wouldn’t know until I sat down in a chair across from him.

What I do know is I didn’t pay him. I contracted through a third party who owns the rights, and I was told the money would go to his children. That much I could live with.

What I wanted was closure, not money.


The balance of Regan's explanation is an homage to self-serving platitudes. It's all about her, you see.

Whatever the case may be here, the wise thing to do is to jettison this stupid book and cancel the program.

At least consider the feelings of the Goldman and Brown families. They haven't gotten a nickel from this monster, nor an ounce of richly-deserved vengeance.

2 comments:

Urban Infidel said...

OJ? Why is he still breathing?

There are no words for this monster. This mockery of a human being.

I can only pray Nicole's family find some peace in their lives and that her children can too, if its even possible.

Dionne said...

Well said!! I too thought Colmes appeared like an idiot in that exchange with Fuhrman. Accusing him of being a racist because he talked about killers eating KFC. Hello? I'm as white as they come and I love KFC. Completely ridiculous.

And whoever makes money off of this book or tv special is receiving blood money. Despicable!!