Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Football Picks

Since stuffing our faces and watching football is a Thanksgiving tradition, here are my selections for tomorrow. I'll post the balance of the Week 12 picks this weekend.

Dolphins -3.5 over Lions: Ah yes, that wonderful Detroit tradition: losing. Hapless Lions, as predicted, were caught looking ahead to their annual holiday beatdown, and were upended by the dreadful Cardinals last Sunday. While few people will be serving Fish tomorrow, surging Miami will be serving up some lumps on their compliant hosts, who'll probably unearth their dreadful thrownback uniforms. The question remains: Why is Matt Millen still employed in Motown? Actual final score: Dolphins 33, Lions 16.

Bucs +10.5 over Cowboys: Dallas is right back in the NFC East mix, reinvigorated by Tony Romo and the Giants staggering about. But it's a short week and I have to figure Tampa keeps this relatively close. Actual final score: Cowboys 24, Bucs 17.

Chiefs +2.5 over Broncos: The bad news first. Many will not see this game since The NFL Network isn't cleared on some cable systems, including the one where I'll be tomorrow. The good news is you won't have to suffer through Bryant Gumbel doing play-by-play. The Chiefs are still smarting over that whole Plymouth Rock episode and the Broncos are equally miserable from that whole Jake Plummer episode. Go with angry over depressed. Actual final score: Chiefs 27, Broncos 23.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the vernacular of my Chicago upbringing, in other words:

take the Fins and lay the points,

take the Buc and the points over the 'Pokes,

take the Chiefs and lay the points

What about the over/under Jammie?

Anonymous said...

To help out Jammie, I checked the lastest line. The over/under for the Miami tilt is 39, ditto for the Dallas game, and 38 for Denver. Taking Jammies 3 picks, he's also taking the "over" on all 3.

I'll take the "under" in the Miami game and the 'Pokes.

JammieWearingFool said...

3 wood, I have no idea what the O/U are on those games. I do this for amusement only. I guess were I a gambler, I'd know that stuff.

JammieWearingFool said...

I guess I should have read the second comment before responding to the first.

Sports Bettor said...

you sure would know that stuff :O)