Monday, December 04, 2006

The Perils of Drug Abuse

Nothing good ever comes from being a crackhead. Check out what happened to this dope.

Man Attacked By Gator After Smoking Crack


Officials say the man had been smoking crack cocaine and was naked when he walked into a swampy area of Lake Parker in Polk County around 4 AM. While walking through the water, an alligator believed to be about 12 feet in length attacked the man. Authorities say the victim, identified as 45-year-old Adrian Apgar, then started screaming for help.

A short time later, three deputies and a Sgt. from the Polk County Sheriff's office arrived on the scene. Within seconds, the men started walking through the swampy area looking for the victim.

"When I first saw him (Apgar), he was crouched down, you could tell the alligator had him by the arms," says Billy Osborne, a Polk County Deputy.

Eventually the men were able to get Apgar from the alligator and pull him to shore.

"I would be lying if I didn't say I was somewhat scared," says Michael Parker, one of the other deputies who responded.

Apgar was taken to a local hospital and according to the sheriff is in critical condition. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says Apgar has a broken right arm, a partially amputated left arm and major trauma to his left leg and rear.
To add insult to injury, the gator took his stash and swiped his lighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yea, great story! I posted that one on my blog a little while ago... since I live in the area, I heard about it.
http://thendresult.blogspot.com/2006/11/only-in-polk-county.html