Friday, November 09, 2007

Breaking News: JWF Wins Best New Blog

I knew something was up when I was greeted by a media swarm at my door early this morning following the pre-dawn announcement out of Las Vegas.

After fielding calls from world dignitaries and assorted titans of the blog industry, on behalf of the team here at JWF, I humbly accept the award for Best New Blog.

Having started this site a year ago, I never imagined it would generate such interest and I want to thank all the great blogs who've linked over the year as well as those who've visited and frequented the site. We've attracted over 260,000 visits and hope to continue growing.

Thanks go especially to my friends at LGF for all their support and to those who voted. With any continued success, hopefully we can compete in another category next year.

Congratulations also are in order for LGFers Lawhawk, proprietor of A Blog For All, who won in the Best Top 1751-2500 and to Zombietime, landslide winner of Best Photo Blog .

Congratulations as well to all the other winners, who are listed here.

A tip of the hat is also in order for Kevin Aylward for running the Weblog Awards.

No comments: