Friday, March 13, 2009

Congressional Democrats Finally Tackle Important Issues



Rather symbolic, irrational people celebrating an irrational number.
“I’m kind of geeked up about it,” Rep. Brian Baird (D-Wash.) told POLITICO. “It’s crazy, but I’m a whole lot more excited about that than congratulating the winner of last year’s Rose Bowl.

“I’m not making this up. I have been fascinated by pi since I was a kid. It blows my mind. It’s lovely. The fact that it’s sort of this infinite number. I just think it’s this magical thing. ... There’s a real beauty to mathematics.”
...
“It makes you realize how consequential you really are,” Rep. Bill Delahunt (D-Mass.) said with a smile.

But there’s always one: “We were never good at math in my family,” said Rep. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.). “I thought I was voting for p-i-e.”

No comments: