Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Confirmed: Alec Baldwin Is An Uninformed Moron

The bloated halfwit proves conclusively what we've long suspected: His grasp of politics and news in general is very limited.
For many years, I was a devoted reader of the New York Times. An unusually devoted one.

I picked up the habit from David O'Brien, an actor who played my father on a soap opera I appeared on over 25 years ago. It was my first professional job, and I watched O'Brien as he passed his down time by scouring the paper from cover to cover and doing the crossword along the way.

I picked up the paper every day, back when many places ran out of the Times, and rather quickly, by late morning. I carried it with me everywhere, as so many other New Yorkers seemed to. In New York, someone else is usually doing the driving. In a cab or on the train, the Times and the time to read it were mine.

Television news had become less relevant in my life. I was rarely near a TV at 6pm to watch the classic network broadcast. CNN was good for breaking news and convention coverage. But salacious crimes and court cases seemed to predominate more than I could bear.

On cable news, I am a fan of Keith and Rachel. But he wastes too much time pissing on Bush and his deposed cronies. She is smart and charming but her writers are dreadful and the less cutesy she is, the better. She did an excellent interview with Colin Powell recently. The next night, I missed that tougher, less avuncular Rachel. A while back, the idea of sitting down at another screen and getting my evening news seemed unappealing. Now I sit and watch Rachel and Keith while I do my e-mail and read Slate and HuffPo online.

But something has changed again. I'm back to buying the Times. I think others should get back to buying and reading a newspaper, too.
So his sources of information are Slate, HuffPo, the NY Times and Keith and Rachel. So nice to see he's on a first-name basis with the two obscure and little-watched MSNBC babbleheads.

I guess consuming news and information outlets with (gasp!) a differing viewpoint has never entered into the equation.

No comments: