Wednesday, April 08, 2009

No Survivors

That is how this story probably would have ended if it had been me. God, I love Marcus Luttrell, and for those that don't know who is Marcus is, shame on you.

If you haven't read his book Lone Survivor you must, it is required reading.

These punks really don't know how lucky they are. They have all been caught now but are out on bail.

There is a special place in hell reserved for them.



I have always been a dog lover. For most of the time I served I was single and couldn't have a dog, but once I got married that changed. I have never been without one and sadly I have outlived a few. First there was "Grunt", a little guy but a scrapper and a guy my daughter absolutely adored. After that it was "Pretty Girl"; my wife named her, a Border Collie who epitomized the definition of sheep dog. Loyal, obedient and protective. Now I have another mixed breed named "Rocket". The name fits because she goes from being a 70 lb lap dog to a snarling mass of teeth and fury at anything she perceives as a threat to the family--like a rocket. You do not want to be on the receiving end of a greeting from her if you are an uninvited guest. Got that, ACORN?

Those guys really don't know how lucky they are and I am sure there are plenty of friends of Marcus who will make sure justice is done.

No comments: