Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Specter Appears With Obscure Radio Host, Defends Rush Limbaugh

Must be a huge coup for Arlen Specter to gain the endorsement of a guy nobody listens to any more. Clearly more annoying to Howard Stern is the fact Specter actually defends Rush Limbaugh.
Stern: …that crackpot Rush Limbaugh. Creep.
Specter: I never attack prominent radio personalities like Howard Stern or anybody else or people who buy ink by the barrel.
Stern: You okay with Limbaugh? You like him?
Specter: Do I like Rush Limbaugh?
Stern: Limbaugh, yeah.
Specter: Yeah, I like him.
Stern: You do?
Specter: Yeah.
Stern: You met with him?
Specter: Yes, I have.
Stern: Is he a crackpot?
Specter: No. No, he’s not a crackpot.
Stern: He’s an enemy of the country.
Specter: Nah. No, he’s not. He’s expressing his opinions.
Stern: He wants the president to do poorly.
Specter: Now, Howard, I –
Stern: Wait a second. Senator –
Specter: Howard, I once heard someone criticize you.
Stern: Well, you don’t see him around any more do you? Don’t ask where he went. Senator, wait a second, in all serious, he wants the president to do poorly. Listen, I never voted for Bush but I always wanted to see him do well. I’m an American. I want my president to be successful. Who says "I don’t want my president to do well?" That’s anti-American.
Specter:: Well, I haven’t heard Rush Limbaugh say that but there’s a lot of talk which is provocative. There’s a lot of comment. You fellows – and I know this doesn’t apply to you, Howard –
Stern: Of course not.
Specter: Probably doesn’t apply to Rush. But some of these talk shows guys want to attract an audience.
Quivers: Oh. Is that what they’re up to?
Stern: I don’t want to do that.
Specter: The more provocative –
Stern: That’s true.
Specter: The more audience, the more [crosstalk], the more money.
Stern: But we are Americans –
Stern has always been envious Limbaugh has far more listeners than he does, and now that Stern has few listeners on satellite, he's even more jealous than ever.

How pathetic is it that months after the fact Limbaugh's comment about Obama are still be reported erroneously and taken out of context?

Just pathetic.

No comments: