Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Socialized Medicine Success Story

Can't wait to get me some of that ObamaCare.
An NHS patient has spoken of her horror after the body of a woman was left in an adjacent bed for up to eight hours.

Sarah Stevenson, 64, said staff left the corpse on a packed ward from 1pm until after 8.30pm.

Two other patients who died on the same day were also left for several hours behind thin curtains on the ward where Mrs Stevenson was being treated for pneumonia, she said.

The three bodies were finally removed in front of distressed families and young children during visiting hours.

Bosses at Heartlands Hospital, in Birmingham, last night apologised.
...
She said: 'At about 1.10pm the woman in the bed opposite me, a lady in her late-50s or early-60s, died and I had to alert the nurse that she had passed away.

'Another one died at around 2pm and the third a while later. I was upset because I was so ill myself and to lie next to a dead body all day was my worst nightmare.

I don't think they showed the patient any dignity in death. My daughter is a nurse so I know bodies are only supposed to stay on the wards for a maximum of four to six hours, but it was nearly eight hours before they came to take her to the mortuary.

'It was appalling and it should never take that long. The nurses were pushed to the limit and couldn't control a lot of what was going on.'

Mrs Stevenson, who has been married and divorced twice and was a stay-at-home mother to her three children and four step-children, was discharged on February 22.

Her allegations came after a damning survey revealed the Third World conditions on overcrowded NHS wards, despite the budget being tripled under Labour over the past ten years.

A survey of 900 nurses this week showed patients are routinely treated in kitchens, corridors, mop cupboards and TV rooms because wards are full.
This is probably some of that good stuff we'll find out about later after ObamaCare is rammed down our throats.

I guess on the upside this woman didn't die of thirst while laying next to all the dead bodies.

No comments: