Saturday, March 13, 2010

Discovered: A Republican Who Supports ObamaCare

Well, he was an elected Republican. Until he took a job reporting to Barack Obama. Real stunner one of Obama's cabinet members would support his disastrous health-care plan, isn't it?
I've been a Republican all my life, when I served in the Illinois legislature, when I worked for members of Congress and when I served in Congress. During the 2008 presidential election, I supported Republican Sen. John McCain. I have always been — and still am — a fiscal conservative, an advocate for a smart, but restrained, government.

For those reasons and others, most people wouldn't expect me to be an advocate for comprehensive health care reform. But the truth is, I believe there is no bigger issue to solve and no better chance to solve it than now.

If I were still a member of Congress, I would proudly vote for the bill that President Barack Obama is championing and I would urge my colleagues to do the same, not because I don't believe in fiscal discipline, but because I do.
Well, that would make you the only one supporting this trainwreck, Ray. And to call yourself a fiscal conservative while working for a guy who's added $12 trillion to the deficit is laughable. If you really were fiscally conservative you'd have already resigned in protest.
I also feel compelled to remind my former colleagues that contrary to what many people have been saying, the bill explicitly prevents federal dollars from being used to fund abortion. It ensures not only that those seeking abortion coverage will be required to pay for it with their own money, but also that their personal money will never be commingled with federal funds. As a former congressman with a 100 percent pro-life voting record, I'm comfortable supporting this bill.
His claim the bill doesn't support funding abortion is an outright lie.



If LaHood were still an elected member of Congress and voted for this mess he'd be out of office as soon as the primary came around this year.

No comments: