Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sweet Jane


The guys from Metallica pretty much carry Lou Reed through this and when I first saw this a few months ago it was sort of cringeworthy seeing Reed struggle through it. But having seen it a few times on the HBO repeats it's kind of grown on me. If you haven't seen the HBO Rock and Roll Hall of Fame shows I highly recommend them. Even my wife said she found a whole new respect for Metallica after seeing their set.

This also kicked ass. Seeing it in HD is best, plus Mariano Rivera coming out on the video just rocks.



Now for a completely different pitch, one of my favorite moments from the show. Art Garfunkel just puts everything he has into it.



And now for me the best, Jeff Beck doing A Day in the Life. Last saw Beck at the Palladium in New York in 1980 (yes, I was in high school then). Hasn't skipped a beat. If you're wondering who that young lady playing bass is, here you go. Her name is Tal Wilkenfeld.



Aw, OK, what the hell, enjoy Beck with Buddy Guy. Blues like this almost make a man want to weep.

No comments: