Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazed Democrat Etheridge in 2007: Young People Should 'Get Involved'



Except just don't get involved with Battling Bob Etheridge, kids.
Etheridge: "I would say to young people, get involved with a specific opportunity, something that's really happening in your community, that you care about. It may be children, it may be a park, it may be a health department, you know, a lot of things..."
A lot of things, except questioning his fealty to his bosses Pelosi and Obama.

Naturally, some hacks are rushing to defend this thug, demanding to know who the kids are.
So who are the students? I don't know. The National Republican Congressional Committee tells me they didn't send them, and "DCCameraGuy" has yet to respond to my e-mail. But without any name or organizational support, just by riling up a member of Congress, the students have created the first conservative meme of the week. They seem to have learned from organizations such as ThinkProgress that any video of a member acting strangely, no matter how grainy, is grist for the Web.
The idiot is taking a beating in the comments.

More defenders here. It really is amazing the contortions liberals will go through to defend violence.

Update: Democrats enable this thuggish lout.

Update: The big tough guy apologizes.
“I have seen the video posted on several blogs. I deeply and profoundly regret my reaction and I apologize to all involved. Throughout my many years of service to the people of North Carolina, I have always tried to treat people from all viewpoints with respect. No matter how intrusive and partisan our politics can become, this does not justify a poor response. I have and I will always work to promote a civil public discourse.”

ABC11 has checked with DC Metropolitan Police, who said no assault report has been filed over the incident.

Meanwhile, Republicans are weighing in. National Republican Congressional Committee spokesman Jon Thompson e-mailed a comment to ABC11:

“Bob Etheridge has lost it. His conduct is unbecoming of a member of Congress. It's bad enough that he's joined Obama's assault on North Carolina jobs, but his physical assault on a college student goes beyond the pale.”
Etheridge is finished. He needs to resign.

No comments: