Thursday, August 26, 2010

'I Think That Obama Would Say That I'm One of His Best Friends'

Barack Obama, busy enjoying some shrimp, was unavailable for comment. If Rangel wants to wipe the tire tracks from across his back and latch on to Obama, we'll be more than accomodating and happy to hang him like a millstone around Obama.
Two days after ripping President Obama, Rep. Charles Rangel took a more respectful tone on Wednesday night, calling himself one of Obama's "best friends."

But Democratic primary challenger Adam Clayton Powell 4th said voters should dump Rangel because of his rocky relationship with the President.

"We need to send someone to Washington to work with President Obama, not disrespect him, not get into a fight with him," Powell said at a candidates forum.

At a forum Monday, Rangel popped off over an Obama comment last month that the 80-year-old congressman should "end his career with dignity."

The President spoke after Rangel was slapped with ethics charges. "Frankly, he has not been around long enough to determine what my dignity is," Rangel said Monday.

"In the next few years, I will be more likely to protect his dignity."

Rangel said last night his retort wasn't meant as a slap but admitted, "Obviously, it didn't go over big." As for Powell's argument: "I think that Obama would say that I'm one of his best friends. And certainly one of his strongest supporters - I admire him. I respect him."

No comments: