Tuesday, September 21, 2010

'I Can't Spend Money I Don't Have. I'm Not Barack Obama'

What's up with this crazy Chris Christie? He actually wants to cut taxes to spur economic growth? Doesn't he know that according to the Democrats that's money we don't have?
New Jersey has a top income-tax rate of 9 percent, compared with 3 percent in Pennsylvania. New York's also is 9 percent.

Garden State homeowners also are burdened with the highest property taxes in the nation.

Christie, who noted that the state's revenues have been virtually flat, said he hoped to cut taxes within a year or two.

He has already battled the Democratic-run Legislature over taxes, having devoted a bill to extend a tax surcharge on the wealthy. The governor did get lawmakers to substantially reduce state spending.

Christie said his focus in the short term will be to continue to hold down spending.

"There are going to be some worthwhile programs that are cut," Christie said.

"I can't spend money I don't have. I'm not Barack Obama. I can't print it," he said on WOR's "The John Gambling Show."
Meanwhile, greedy New Jersey Democrats lost another battle to the Baddest Governor on the Planet yesterday.

No comments: