Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weary Obama Organizer Has That Hopeless Feeling

Hopeless

I almost feel sorry for this poor sap. He overdosed on the Hopenchange Kool-Aid but now has that empty feeling of despair and hopelessness. That magical vision where Big Daddy Government paid your mortgage and credit card bills just hasn't materialized during the disastrous Obama presidency and now Greg Smith is stuck back at his old job.

Awww.
I went to volunteer full time for Obama and was soon hired as an organizer for the campaign.

The night of Aug. 28, 2008, when Obama spoke at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, was one of the most exciting in my life. Michelle and Barack came backstage to thank us for all our hard work and told us we could sleep in the next day. I remember feeling giddy.

Two years later, I'm living a more sober reality.

My life is not better. I'm a college graduate and I still can't get a good job.

I'm back working as a doorman at a Manhattan hotel earning peanuts because my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and I need the health insurance again.

I share the same sentiments of Velma Hart, the woman who confronted Obama at a town hall last week, saying she was tired of defending him. The idea of leaving New York is even on the table.

Obama has let professional politicians take over the White House -- and our dream of change
.

I know it's childish to expect solutions to happen overnight. Obama inherited a big old mess, and I don't expect him to have everything figured out after 18 months.

But we're only human and we want to see some visible change.

I'm trying to keep up my hope -- but I'm afraid that instead of being that guy who knocked on doors in Denver, I'm now the person who needs convincing.
My advice is to vote GOP in November.

No comments: