Thursday, February 03, 2011

Blubbering Barney Frank to Run Again in 2012

Last month he said he was tired and wanted some free time. Well, I guess he gave some thought to actually having to live a life off the government dole, so he's running again in 2012.
Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Thursday he'll seek reelection in 2012, meaning he'll pass on a run to challenge Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.).

Frank, the 15-term Democratic stalwart, said he'd seek another term, fresh off of one of the stiffest reelection challenges of his career in 2010.

"I will be running for re-election to the House of Representatives in 2012," Frank said in a statement.

The congressman had been eyed by party leaders as a possible candidate to challenge Brown in 2012 in one of the top-tier Senate races in the U.S. Frank had considered, but passed on, running in the special election last year, in which Brown emerged victorious.

"While I would have preferred to put off a discussion about the next election until a later date, I have been asked on a number of occasions about my plans," he said. "In addition, I have become convinced that making my decision to run for re-election known is important for maximizing the impact I can have on the range of issues to which I am committed."
Maybe he can be redistricted somewhere where a challenger might have a better chance.

No word if Sean Bielat plans to challenge him again.

1 comment:

Rose said...

If they cannot raise up someone to replace him - GOOD GRIEF!