Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All politics are local

Sometimes on this blog we talk about national politics and sometimes you just have to give a nod to local politics. That is the purpose of this post, but it is also to hopefully make more people aware of the political races going on in their area. I have been saying for a long time that I do not intend to vote for any incumbent this time around and while this race is not in my district, it is close.

The Georgia Sixth district is currently representated by a guy named Tom Price but his time around he has a challenger, Mike Boyce.

Mr Boyce is a Marine veteran just back from 10 months as a contractor in Iraq and has a son currently serving in the Marines.

They, Price and Boyce are both Republicans, but if I had a vote in his district I would certainly vote for him, Boyce. One to get rid of an incumbent and two because this is someone who has intimate knowledge of the challenges we face in the Middle East.

No comments: