Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Obama Is In Town: Be Still My Beating Heart

Barack is in my neck of the woods today and all you are going to hear about is the little town hall meeting he is having out at the local high school, at which Joe Six Pack is going to be in attendance. Woman swooning, men fist bumping, and young ladies no doubt offering up themselves to carry his "love" child.

What you are NOT going to hear about is his little visit to the Buckhead neighborhood--that's the filthy rich folks for you liberals--in which he offered a chance to watch him chow down on some vittles and probably an arugula salad, all for the nifty price of $2000 per person! What a steal! What a man of the people!

Here is the irony for me. I work in Buckhead, but live where he is visitng for his townhall meeting; therefore, I know of what I speak. I can't afford to live in Buckhead, just work there and I make generous use of mass transit to boot.

To be fair, the Republicans come here too to Buckhead to visit the Bob Nardeli's, Home Depot CEO, of the world. The difference is when the Republicans come it is splattered all over the press. When Barack comes the townhall meeting gets all the coverage and none of his rubbing elbows with rich folks.

Wouldn't be good for his image, doncha know?

Oh yeah, the tickets to his townhall meeting today are tightly controlled by his campaign. Wouldn't want to take the risk that some smart aleck guy might show up and maybe ask a question.

Or face an ambush like at McCain events.

No comments: