Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Biggest Thing On Television Now Almost the Biggest Thing On Television

It seems no amount of money will ever be enough to salve this woman's fragile self-esteem. Great idea to milk another year's worth of programming, talking about what a fat slob you are, how you're going to lose it, then eating yourself back to being a fat slob.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
When it comes to her weight, Oprah Winfrey has always been straightforward. The talk show queen continues the honesty, saying in the January issue of "O" magazine out Tuesday that she now weighs 200 pounds and has "fallen off the wagon" when it comes to healthy living.

"I'm mad at myself," Winfrey writes in an article provided early to The Associated Press by Harpo Productions.

"I'm embarrassed," she writes. "I can't believe that after all these years, all the things I know how to do, I'm still talking about my weight. I look at my thinner self and think, `How did I let this happen again?'"

In the piece, Winfrey, 54, details her recent struggles with an out-of-balance thyroid and how the condition made her develop "a fear of working out." She says she's added 40 pounds to her frame since she weighed 160 pounds in 2006.

"Yes, you're adding correctly; that means the dreaded 2-0-0," Winfrey writes. "I was so frustrated I started eating whatever I wanted — and that's never good."

Winfrey also writes that her goal is no longer to be thin; instead, she wants to be strong, healthy and fit. She hopes to get started with her upcoming "Best Life Week," starting Jan. 5 with an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" during which she is expected to talk candidly about her weight.
Deja vu all over again.

She's looking for some sympathy and trying to win back all the viewers who abandoned her because of her slavish devotion to Obama.

No comments: