Monday, December 15, 2008

Obama: My Lawyer Says I Didn't Do Anything With Blagojevich, So Can We Get Back to Hopenchange?

On the upside, 45% believe he had contact with Blagojevich. On the downside, don't expect much follow-up from his adoring media.
President-elect Barack Obama said Monday a review by his own lawyer shows he had no direct contact with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about the appointment of a Senate replacement, and transition aides "did nothing inappropriate."

Obama said he is prepared to make the review public, but decided to hold off because prosecutors asked for a delay and "I don't want to interfere with an ongoing investigation."
Sure.

How is this not contact?

I suspect the "crazy" Governor might say otherwise.
I understand. You found paradise in America. You had a good trade, made a good living, the media protected you and there were courts of public opinion and you didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me and you say "Don Blagojevich, do me a favor." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me to be Secretary of Health and Human Services. Instead, you come into my home on the day my phone is tapped and you ask me to do Chicago politics so you can keep your hands clean.

No comments: