Friday, September 11, 2009

Bang, Bang, I Shot You Down

I wasn't going to write about this, but it is too stupid not to. CNN set off a flurry of activity and worry this morning by breaking news that the Coast Guard was engaged in an apparent shoot out on the Potomac River. Fingers begin to wave, reporters were scrambling, and speculation was running rampant about could this be another attack on America.

This whole flurry of activity was ignited because a CNN reporter heard somebody on a radio say "Bang, Bang".
“That ‘bang bang’ was verbalized on the radio but I want to emphasize no shots were fired,” said Vice Adm. John Currier, the Coast Guard chief of staff.

CNN immediately begin asking questions about who would authorize such a training mission on today of all days, but mainly went into CYA mode when it became apparent that what they were reporting weren't exactly what was going on.

At this time it is not known if the voice on the radio was of the full throated baritone caliber or of the more common tenor caliber, but I am sure CNN is going to get to the bottom of it. I smell Pulitzer. I have even heard it may have been a semi automatic assault a capella.

Hot Air has more on it, but I ain't into dissecting what happened as much as I am wanting to point out the stupidity of "The Most Trusted Name in News."

No comments: