Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dumbest Woman in Congress Upset by Pepsi Commercial



When I saw this commercial Sunday night I thought it was pretty stupid, but I wasn't offended. Of course I consider myself a normal human being and I don't go out of my way to be offended or participate in grievance theater.

But sure enough, here comes the dumbest woman in the Congress to whine about it.
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took to the House floor Tuesday night to criticize what she called a "demeaning" Pepsi ad that aired during the Super Bowl.

In the ad for Pepsi Max, a black woman sitting on a park bench gets angry with her husband after an attractive, white female jogger sits down next to the couple and smiles and waves at the man.

After the man smiles back, his girlfriend or wife gets angry and whips her Pepsi Max can at him. The man ducks, and the can hits the attractive jogger in the head. The ad is titled "Love hurts."
I guess this should be the lesson for Pepsi. In order to avoid any "controversy" or "outrage" from the simpletons out there, be sure you have commercials with only black people or only white people. Don't ever mix the two races together or you'll be under siege by the race-mongers.
Jackson Lee said it was ridiculous for the soft drink maker to air the advertisement during African-American history month.

"In this month of African-American history where we're trying to celebrate what is good and great, it certainly seems ridiculous that Pepsi would utilize this kind of humor," she said. "It was not humorous. It was demeaning — an African-American woman throwing something at an African-American male and winding up hitting a Caucasian woman."
Uh, Ms. Lee. It's OK to call us white people. I, for one, am not offended.
Jackson Lee said she has a sense of humor and believes in the First Amendment. She also said the Super Bowl is a great time for "fellowship" with family members.
Really? She has a sense of humor? Probably explains why she wears her hair the way she does.

6 comments:

Grotjan said...

With the title "Dumbest Woman in Congress..", I though for sure this post would be about Maxine Waters.

Maxine came to my attention in the early 2000s when she was giving a speech at a pro-abortion rally.  She said in the speech that "I [Waters] have to march because my mother couldn't have an abortion".

Reaganite Republican said...

If she was any dumber you'd have to water her lol

Joseph said...

I thought the dumbest woman in Congress was Corrine Brown.

Carole said...

She "took to the house floor" to complain about a television commercial?  Really? They can do that?  Oh yeah, I guess that is easier than taking care of the business of the country!  I am embarrassed for her because she doesn't know enough to be embarrassed for herself!

LibertyAtStake said...

Hate to quibble - but I don't know about dumbest.  Patty Murray?

<span>

http://libertyatstake.blogspot.com/
"Because the Only Good Progressive is a Failed Progressive"
</span>

rich b said...

I gotta go with Marxine Waters too. She re-defines the word stupid.