Thursday, March 24, 2011

Radical Governor Threatens Government Shutdown

I can't wait to see all those union government workers marching on Albany with posters of Andrew Cuomo as Hitler.
Gov. Cuomo Wednesday took to the web to warn New Yorkers of a potential government shutdown.

With eight days to go until the April 1 budget deadline, Cuomo unveiled a web video vowing that the possibility of New York's first ever government shutdown won't force him back off his political mandate.

"If the Legislature fails to pass a budget on time, the government will not have the funds to operate and it may be forced to shut down," Cuomo says in the 2-minute, 43-second video.

Cuomo assured New Yorkers: "I will make sure we are prepared for this contingency."

"I don't want it to happen. I will do all I can do to get the budget accomplished. I'm working very hard to cooperate with the Legislature.

"But in the end I will not compromise on the important work that you elected me to do, and I will not back down from my promise to the people of this great state."

Cuomo has proposed closing a $10 billion deficit with steep cuts in education and health care, and as many as 9,800 layoffs - but no new taxes.

"My budget shakes up the Albany establishment, there's no doubt," he said. "The special interests and their lobbyists have been working overtime to stop the reforms that I have proposed."
Governor Walker in Wisconsin has a budget hole one-third the size of New York's and look how hysterical the left was. Now we don't hear a peep from the left.

1 comment:

Tim Zank said...

*crickets*