Friday, May 11, 2007

Baltimoron Apologizes for Limbaugh Quip

Well, I doubt Robert Murrow is really sincere in his apology, but since all the publicity made him look really stupid, I don't think he had much choice.
"I am very upset about that comment, and I've let him know I'm very upset about that comment," Kocher said. "It's his personal comment, and it's wrong. It does not belong out there in any kind of official capacity. As far as I'm concerned, he was not speaking for the department.

"I don't care if it's Rush Limbaugh, Michael Moore or Britney Spears. You don't deface anything - period. And you don't endorse defacing anything - period."

Kocher said Murrow had "deeply apologized."

Mayor Sheila Dixon issued a written statement.

"While this employee identified himself as a spokesperson for the Department of Public Works ... his statement does not represent the position of the City Government or my feelings as Mayor," Dixon is quoted saying. "Whether they occur on public or private property, I take all acts of vandalism seriously."

No comments: