Saturday, August 09, 2008

Obama Visits Typical White Person in Hawaii

The rock star gets away from it all, accompanied, naturally, by press aide Nedra Pickler. While there, he'll be visiting his typical white grandmother.
"I am going to see my grandma, who I haven't seen in almost 18, 19 months, and who's getting to the age that I want to make sure I am spending time with her on a consistent basis and so she can see her great-grandchildren," he said. "And I want to spend some time with those children as well.

"We had a very long primary, we had the longest primary in history, and so I can imagine folks need a break from politics," he said. "I think that the majority of people had been fed a constant stream of political chatter, and I am sure that having a couple of weeks off and enjoying the Olympics is probably what the doctor ordered for everybody."
He's right. We do need a break from him. A permanent one would be nice once the election is over.

Apparently he's still in campaign mode, however, even though he's pretending to be on vacation.

No comments: