Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Cure For Drunken E-Mailing

Sober e-mails. Why did this take so long?
Google has adapted its free email service to help those letting loose after a few evening cocktails or succumbing to lovelorn moments from firing off messages they might regret in the morning.

Mail Goggles software comes to life after dark and on weekends, when altered states of mind are more probable, and requires that five simple math problems be answered correctly in less than a minute in order to send a Gmail missive.

"Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send," Gmail engineer Jon Perlow wrote Monday in a website posting announcing the optional new feature.

"Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together."

Gmail users can adjust their email settings to activate the Goggles feature and dictate the times it is active.
Now if they could just do something about those drunk dialers.

Thanks to Hot Air for the link.

No comments: