Thursday, January 29, 2009

'I'm a Prisoner In My Own House!'

Hey, I'm all for letting this guy walk the streets. I'm sure some of his victims wouldn't mind having a crack at him.
He's "The Prisoner of Park Avenue."

Bernie Madoff is whining to anyone who'll listen that he's being held captive in his palatial penthouse and unable to traipse around the Big Apple as he did before being busted for running a $50 billion Ponzi scheme, a source familiar with the scam artist told The Post.

"I'm a prisoner in my own house!" Madoff fumed. "I can't go anywhere! I'm stuck here all day!"

Madoff, who effectively is under house arrest as part of his $10 million bail, has been especially agitated that "he can't even go outside just to go to the corner, or get something to eat," the source said.

The source added that it is clear that the disgraced 70-year-old financial maven is feeling sorry for himself while hanging out in his $7 million pad - even as thousands of his victims scramble to avoid bankruptcy, loss of their own homes or worse.

Madoff's moaning comes less than two weeks after he dodged a bid by federal prosecutors to revoke his bail because he and his wife, Ruth, mailed their sons and others more than $1 million worth of jewelry last month.
Maybe his good pal, the unusually silent Charles Schumer, can help arrange some outdoor visits for his buddy Bernie.

No comments: