Friday, January 23, 2009

NFL To Show Military Color Guard The Door

This item came on my radar yesterday and I was waiting to see how it would pan out before saying anything. Well it looks like the story has been vetted and there is truth to it.

Is this the type of change we can expect now that Obama is president and more and more people are willing to drop their masks and become openly anti-military? This is a dangerous path that our country is headed down. We are going to create a true warrior class in America by these actions.

I have always said their is a de facto Warrior Class in this country. A group of people, a very small group at that, who seek service to this country by wearing the uniform of it's armed forces and engaging the enemies of this country on this battlefield. It is cloaked in mystery to most, and subjected to some of the most vile stereotypes, enabled by all too many in Hollywood and our elected officials.

Well, earlier this week Obama skipped the "Salute To Heroes Inaugural Ball" in Washington D.C., a ball attended by Medal of Honor winners. This was the first time in 56 years that an incoming president had not attended.

Now word comes that the NFL is not going to allow the military color guard who will present the colors before the Super Bowl to remain and watch the game.

In my time in the service I was picked to be on a color guard many times, the price you pay for being 6'0 tall. At none of the events that I went to was I ever asked to leave or not allowed to stay around after doing my duty. Sometimes I had to leave because we had another commitment somewhere else, but at no time was I ever asked or told to leave.

This is a shameful act on the part of the NFL and I encourage people to contact them and let them know what you think of this slight of our military.

Does the NFL not realize that one of the teams competing this year, the Arizona Cardinals, was the team that Pat Tillman played for before he left it all behind to join the Army and become a Ranger? Pat lost his life in a friendly fire incident in Afghanistan.

No comments: