Thursday, May 28, 2009

'Gaydar' Added to Oxford English Dictionary

It's one of 15 interesting new words added. Just faaabulous. Frankly, it should've been added a long time ago. I've had mine up for about 30 years, ever since my sister the former runway model took me to a couple of her shows in Manhattan.

Here's how it's defined.
noun informal a homosexual person’s ability to identify another person as homosexual by interpreting subtle signals conveyed by their appearance, interests, etc.
I don't think you need to be a homosexual to have gaydar. Seems anyone with functioning synapses can pick up on it.

Another new entry is surely something all of you can identify with: Cyberslacking.
Spending one's employer's Internet and email facilities for personal activities during working hours.
Now get back to work!

Meanwhile, I'm going to go do some ego-surfing.

Hot Air links. Thanks!

No comments: