Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Obama Laments "If You Lose, I Win" Mentality; 2009 Flashback: "I Won"

My, how times change. The whiny president today sniveled about Republicans being obstructionist, even though they can't prevent him and the Democrats from doing a damn thing. They just want a few GOP suckers to go along with their risky schemes so they can claim it's bipartisan. This quote really stood out.
I'm "not open to switches" solely "because it's good short-term politics," he said. I won't tolerate an "if you lose, I win" mentality.
Well, isn't that interesting. Let's go back to January 2009.
The top congressional leaders from both parties gathered at the White House for a working discussion over the shape and size of President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus plan. The meeting was designed to promote bipartisanship.

But Obama showed that in an ideological debate, he’s not averse to using a jab.

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”
So last year when he wanted bipartisanship he rubbed it in the face of the GOP. Now he wonder why there's no bipartisanship.

Hypocrite.

No comments: