Thursday, February 04, 2010

There's No Escaping Him: Couric to Interview Obama Before Super Bowl

For a week now we've heard all the whining from the left about the pro-life ad including Tim Tebow and his mother running during the Super Bowl and how politics doesn't belong on Super Sunday. Well, could somebody let CBS know we're sick of seeing Obama every time we turn on the television?
Super Bowl Sunday will be a busy one for CBS anchor Katie Couric, but she will be far from the game.

“I’m very excited about going to the Super Bowl,” said Couric, who will anchor the “CBS Evening News” Friday from Miami. “I wish I could stay. I have an appointment with the president. That’s a good excuse.”

Before the game, Couric will conduct a live, 12-minute interview with President Barack Obama at the White House. She also offers an interview with New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

Couric said on Wednesday she was still formulating her questions for Obama but had solicited queries via Twitter, Facebook and local stations.

“I want it to be a good, substantive interview, but it’s the Super Bowl audience,” Couric said. “I want it to have the appropriate tone.”
I'm sure it'll be the typical Couric fluff, such as "Why are you so awesomely awesome, Mr. President?"

Hopefully by Sunday we'll see a detailed programming schedule so I know exactly when to turn to another channel to (hopefully) avoid Obama and ruin my good time.

No comments: