Monday, March 15, 2010

'I’ll Always Be the Woman Who Lost Ted Kennedy’s Seat'

Martha Coakley still doesn't get it. It wasn't Ted Kennedy's seat. Scott Brown pointing that out in their debate was probably the seminal moment of their race that led to his resounding victory.
Standing out in the rain this weekend to collect her own signatures for the ballot, Attorney General Martha Coakley is on a mission to reinvent herself after her bruising loss in the Senate race.

“I’ll always be the woman who lost Ted Kennedy’s seat,” Coakley, 56, told the Herald. “It’s a crushing loss, but I’m hopeful that my record as AG, and the lessons I learned from the loss will help me be a better candidate.”

Though her only potential opponent so far is perennial candidate Republican Jack E. Robinson, Coakley isn’t taking her re-election for granted, she said
Showing that deft political touch of hers she then hopped into a foreign car and went shopping for some arugula, apparently.
After the Saturday morning breakfast, Coakley ducked into an old beige Hyundai driven by a staffer and headed for a Newton Whole Foods to join campaign volunteers collecting signatures for her re-election.

No comments: