Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sean Penn Manages to Crap On The Troops Again

I stumbled across an awards show last night on Spike TV called the Guys Choice Awards, which is an awards show to not only honor all things guys but the US military as well. I was pleasantly surprised when I tuned in to see the crowd made up of mostly service members with the celebrities sprinkled about, and then this happened.

Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion
Tags: Sean Penn Leads A Ridgemont High Reunion



There is no way in hell Sean Penn should have even been in the same room as all of the service members and the fact that he walked out of there with no visible bruises speaks volume to the level of discipline exhibited by those in attendance. I guess all that training involving having to hold your fire after a terrorist who was just shooting at you runs out of ammo and now becomes merely an innocent bystander came in handy.

I am not sure I could have shown such restraint.

The appearance of Penn ruined the night for me, which up until that time for the most part had been pleasant. Kudos to Ben Affleck, who after winning his award gave effusive praise to the troops, just like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had done after receiving his award for the Most Kick Ass Guy. After suffering through the Penn and Ridgemont High segment I switched channels. Talk about kicking somebody in the 'nads. Here they were honoring a guy who pals around with Ahmadinejad and Chavez, and at least one of them has actively participated in murdering our soldiers, in the same room as those he despises.

No comments: