Thursday, June 30, 2011

MSNBC Suspends Halperin for Calling Obama a Dick

Just imagine if they suspended their on-air talent for calling people teabaggers.
MSNBC has suspended Mark Halperin from being its senior political analyst after he called Pres. Obama “kind of a dick” on “Morning Joe” today. Statement from MSNBC:

Mark Halperin’s comments this morning were completely inappropriate and unacceptable.  We apologize to the President, The White House and all of our viewers. We strive for a high level of discourse and comments like these have no place on our air. Therefore, Mark will be suspended indefinitely from his role as an analyst.
High level of discourse?

Really?

6 comments:

the wolf said...

I only take issue with Halperin's use of "kind of."

Mike Florey said...

Halperin really meant to say Dick Tater.

lummox said...

On a good day the O would be "kind of a dick". Most of the time he's just a dildo.

Carole said...

Here is what I think--there are lots of liberals out there who are sick of Obama and think he is in way over his head but they are scared to death to let their true opinion be known for fear of being labeled a racist or whatever it is the left is calling people on that particular day.  Halperin just accidentally let his true feelings slip out.

Zimri said...

I see it this way: if your seven-year-old hears someone say "dick" on TV, he'll probably know what it means and will laugh. If he hears someone say "teabagger", he'll ask "dad, what's a teabagger?"

I mean, I knew what "dick" meant when I was seven. "Cock", I learnt from reading a Houston public library restroom at age nine. "Teabag" I learnt when I was 25. (From a trucker talkin' shit in a bar.)

Personally, I'd much prefer explaining "dick" to my kid over "teabag".

Beef Blogonoff said...

A dick encourages procreation, the President supports abortion. A dick responds to stimulus. The President failed to stimulate. A dick shoots sperm, the President shoots crap. Halperin should apologize to dicks everywhere.
dannynasco.blogspot.com