Monday, May 05, 2008

Clemens: Sorry for My 'Mistakes'

Looks like somebody finally gave this idiot some useful advice. Maybe they can tell him to dummy up and slink off into permanent retirement.

Of course, he still refuses to acknowledge he used steroids or HGH. Looks here like he's trying to salvage his marriage.
On the eighth day, Roger Clemens apologized.

Following a week in which the Daily News reported his affairs with several women, Clemens released a statement Sunday night apologizing for "mistakes in his personal life," while again denying he ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

"I need to say that I have made mistakes in my personal life for which I am sorry," Clemens said in a statement handed to the Houston Chronicle, a favorite outlet for Clemens and his lawyer Rusty Hardin.

"I have apologized to my family and apologize to my fans," Clemens said. "Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which have not been right."
Those mistakes, of course, are related to recent reports he was sleeping with any woman with a pulse.
Clemens is reeling from The News' reports of his long-term affair with country singer Mindy McCready, with golfer John Daly's ex-wife Paulette Dean Daly, and several other women around the country. The News reported last Monday that McCready met Clemens, then a 28-year-old Red Sox ace, when she was 15 and singing in a karaoke bar, and that she returned to his hotel with him that night, but that the two didn't have a sexual relationship until a few years later. McCready and several of her family members have confirmed the report.

"Now, I have been accused of having an improper relationship with a 15-year-old girl. Nothing could be further from the truth. This relationship has been twisted and distorted far beyond reality. It is just one of many, many accusations that are utterly false," Clemens. said in his statement.

"I cannot refute anything in the story," McCready said of her relationship with Clemens, who did not say what false accusations he was referring to.

No comments: