Saturday, May 17, 2008

She's 'Tanorexic'

The latest addiction. Her doctor ought to recommend to this idiot that sunshine can produce the desired result without harming her child.
Since the age of 14 she has visited sunbeds at least four times a week, to ensure that her golden glow never fades.

But it wasn't until she became pregnant that Sarah-Jane Breach realised she was addicted to tanning.

The mother-to-be, 18, says she cannot give it up despite knowing that sunbeds could harm her unborn child.

Studies have shown a possible link between increased UV rays and folic acid deficiency.

High levels of folic acid help protect against neural tube defects, such as spina bifida, in the developing baby.

However, Miss Breach says that she feels depressed if she grows pale and even her boyfriend's pleas cannot help her stay away from the sunbeds.

Miss Breach, from Pimlico, Central London, said: "I never realised I was an addict until after I fell pregnant.

"When I read that sunbeds can lead to babies being born with spina bifida, I was so frightened I vowed to give up. But after a week, I became so depressed I booked a 15-minute session."
If the kid is born with birth defects, she'll probably sue the tanning salon.

1 comment:

:) said...

ur a moron