Friday, June 20, 2008

'If Gravitas is Eight Letters, They're About Seven Letters Short'

Alternate headline here: "I know, it sounds ludicrous, but, then, Keith Olbermann is ludicrous."

Thus describes the incredibly unctuous hosts of two of cable's lowest-rated shows trying to finagle their way into Tim Russert's chair on Meet the Press.

Maybe if they come up with a show called Meet the Depressed, these two idiots may have a shot.

Talking about trying to snag Russert's job at his funeral, well, that's Chris Matthews for you.

You stay classy.
Matthews denies he wants to host "Meet the Press": "I love what I do. My Sunday show is a perfect fit for me. I hope they find a perfect fit for 'Meet the Press.' "

Meanwhile, Matthews' MSNBC cable cohort Olbermann, who was also at the memorial, is "threatening to quit if he isn't installed as Russert's replacement," another insider said. "I know, it sounds ludicrous, but, then, Keith Olbermann is ludicrous."

A rep for MSNBC said, "All of this is utterly untrue."

Russert himself wanted Chuck Todd, the NBC News political director he hired, to succeed him, said one source, who added that MSNBC hosts don't stand a chance of landing "Meet the Press." The insider said, "They're cable. They're far too partisan. They have no gravitas. If gravitas is eight letters, they're about seven letters short."
Instapundit links. Thanks!

Update
: MessNBC claims the story's untrue. Considering their lack of credibility, I'll stick with the Post.

No comments: