Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's On! Jets RB Blasts Favre

It's probably a safe bet Brett Favre won't be very welcome back in the New York Jets locker room. Frankly, he should have stayed retired.
Jets fans are not the only ones upset with Brett Favre.

It is becoming clearer he was not beloved in the Jets locker room. Running back Thomas Jones publicly blasted his quarterback in a radio interview Tuesday. Appearing on Hot 97 FM, Jones ripped Favre for his rash of late-season interceptions.

"We're a team and we win together ... but at the same time, you can't turn the ball over and expect to win," Jones said. "The other day, the three interceptions really hurt us. I mean, that's just reality. If I were to sit here and say, 'Oh, man, it's okay,' that's not reality.

"The reality is, you throw interceptions, I'm (ticked) off, I don't like it. You know what I'm saying? I don't like it, I know everybody else on the team doesn't like it."

Favre threw three interceptions in the Jets' 24-17 loss to the Dolphins on Sunday. Head coach Eric Mangini was fired a day later. Favre had nine interceptions in the team's final five games.

Jones said he thought Favre should have been benched.

"If somebody is not playing well, they need to come out of the game," Jones replied. "You're jeopardizing the whole team because you're having a bad day. To me, that's not fair to everybody else. You're not the only one on the team."

Jones laid the blame for the Jets' failures at Favre's feet.

"You're playing to win, you're playing for the Super Bowl," Jones said. "That's what you do all this work for ... So when you get to the wire and somebody is just giving the game up, I mean, it's just not (fair)."

No comments: