Monday, August 03, 2009

'It's So Sick'

I guess this is what happens after years of drug and alcohol abuse take the inevitable toll. You wind up hitting on your daughter just after burying your longtime love.

Good grief.
Ryan O'Neal wishes he'd never had children and is so estranged from his own kids that he didn't recognize his actress-daughter Tatum -- and shamelessly flirted with her -- at Farrah Fawcett's funeral, the actor admits in an explosive new interview.

"I had just put the casket in the hearse and was watching it drive away," O'Neal, 68, said, "when a beautiful blond woman comes up and embraces me. I said to her, 'You have a drink on you? You have a car?' She said, 'Daddy, it's me -- Tatum!'

"I was just trying to be funny with a strange Swedish woman, and it's my daughter," O'Neal said. "It's so sick."

The actor recounted the bizarre encounter in the September issue of Vanity Fair magazine, which hits stands this week.

Asked if he's sorry he had children, O'Neal nodded and said, "A couple of them I would take back.

"I don't think I was supposed to be a father," said the actor, who had Tatum, 45, and Griffin, 44, with first wife Joanna Moore; son Patrick, 42, with actress Leigh Taylor-Young; and son Redmond, 24, with Fawcett.
What's worse, hitting on your daughter or telling someone about it?

I think we can safely assume O'Neal won't be claiming any Father of the Year accolades.

No comments: