Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shocking: John Edwards Admits Paternity

Actually this might have been shocking in 2008, when everyone on the planet already knew he had a love child. I guess he figures all the election hubbub from the other night gives him good cover to admit it now.
Former senator John Edwards on Thursday admitted paternity of a daughter with former mistress Rielle Hunter, despite his previous denials, in a statement given to the "Today" show.

Harrison Hickman, a trusted Edwards adviser, went on the show to discuss the statement from the former presidential candidate, who also served as the vice presidential nominee for the Democratic Party in 2004.

"I am Quinn's father," Edwards said in the statement. "I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves. It was wrong to deny she was my daughter."

He also apologized to his daughter, now two, saying he hoped she could forgive him one day, and to the public. "To all those I have have disappointed and hurt, these words will never be enough. But I am truly sorry," he said.

"I know it's not possible," Edwards previously said over the question of whether Quinn was his child.
Cherubim was unavailable for comment.

No comments: