• $80,000 study on why the same teams always dominate March Madness;But let someone propose cancelling all these wasteful "projects" and they'll be accused of being racist.
• $315,000 study suggesting playing FarmVille on Facebook helps adults develop and maintain relationships;
• $1 million for an analysis of how quickly parents respond to trendy baby names;
• $50,000 to produce and publicize amateur songs about science, including a rap called “Money 4 Drugz,” and a misleading song titled “Biogas is a Gas, Gas, Gas”;
• $2 million to figure out that people who often post pictures on the internet from the same location at the same time are usually friends; and
• $581,000 on whether online dating site users are racist.
If the Congress and Senate doesn't vote unanimously to cut this crap out of the budget then there's no hope we'll ever see fiscal sanity.