Saturday, August 18, 2007

Turn In Your Missle Launcher, Get a Free Pair of Reeboks

Forget all those gun buy-back programs. Let's aim higher and get the heavy artillery off the streets.

I imagine a suitcase nuke might get you at least three free pair of sneakers.

Man exchanges missile launcher for shoes
ORLANDO, Fla. - Police were hoping for a good turnout at their "Kicks for Guns" sneaker exchange, but they weren't expecting a surface-to-air missile launcher.

An Ocoee man showed up and exchanged the 4-foot-long launcher for size-3 Reebok sneakers for his daughter, the Orlando Sentinel reported Friday.

Taking advantage of the exchange's no-questions-asked policy, the man was not identified. He told the Orlando Sentinel that he found the weapon in a shed he tore down last week.

"I didn't know what to do with it, so I brought it here," he told the newspaper. "I took it to three dumps to try to get rid of it and they told me to get lost."

No comments: