Wednesday, May 06, 2009

'She Has Painted a Target On My Back'

Radio talk show host Michael Savage was not pleased to find out some kook had banned him from entering Great Britain, especially since he didn't have any plans to visit.

My question is how did Rush Limbaugh not pop up on the no entry list?
'I have been banned from Great Britain. I had not planned on going there, I had not been there in over 25 years. When I woke up this morning I just thought I could not be true. The point is that today it is me, tomorrow it will be somebody else,' he said.

Miss Smith said the move was aimed at naming and shaming extremists and to demonstrate behaviour the Government will not tolerate. But the publication appears to have backfired spectacularly on the minister, whose job is already hanging by a thread due to a string of expense scandals.

Mr Savage, who is listened to on around 350 radio stations across the U.S., used his show The Savage Nation to attack the decision and the Home Secretary in particular.

At first he poked fun at British food and the state of people's teeth: 'My first thought was, damn, there goes the summer trip where I planned to have my dental work done.

'My second thought was, darn, there goes my visit to the restaurants of England for their great cuisine,' he said.

But then he turned on 'this lunatic' Jacqui Smith.

'For her to link me up with skinheads who are killing people in Russia, to put me in league with mass murderers who kill Jews on buses, is defamation,' he claimed.

'I thought this was a joke or a mistake. How could they put Michael Savage in the same league with mass murderers when I have never avowed violence? As a result of this, I am going to sue.'

He added: 'When has this witch heard my show, since it's not syndicated in England?'

Mr Savage, real name Michael Weiner, even argued that Miss Smith had put his life in danger.

‘She has painted a target on my back, linking me with people who are in prison for killing people,’ he said. ‘Does she not think people might hunt me down?’

More damagingly for Britain as a whole, he also called on his 'eight to 10 million listeners' to cancel their trips to England and stop buying English products.

'I don't know what they make there any more, but whatever they make, I suggest you don't buy it,' he said. 'If they want to play hardball, we'll play hardball.'
The problem the left has with conservative talk radio is in their minds any views differing from their own they consider them "fomenting hatred," as they just cannot fathom that everyone is not marching in lockstep with them.

I doubt Smith has even heard a minute of Savage's show.

The joke of it is the UK is overrun with Muslim extremists but they spend their time catering to them. And they consider a radio host to be a danger?

The irony is Smith will soon be out of a job and Savage will probably have a larger audience.

Linked at Instapundit. Thanks!

No comments: