Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Aww: World's Smallest Man Looking for Love

If any of you know some two-footers looking to start a family, here's your man.
Celebrating his birthday with a cake as big as him, 18-year-old Khagendra Thapa Magar is now the smallest man in the world.

The 2ft teen from Nepal is enjoying week-long celebrations with friends and family at his rural home in the foothills of the Himalayas.

Head and shoulders shorter than He Ping Ping of China, who at 2ft 5in is the current holder of the world's smallest man title, Khagendra is now waiting for official recognition from Guinness World Records.

And, of course, he is looking for a girl of similar stature to marry.

'When I am officially recognised as the smallest man in the world I expect to get lots of proposals,' said Khagendra, whose parents are keeping an eye out for a suitable bride.

'Now I have turned 18 I want two things - to be recognised by Guinness and to find a wife who is small like me. It is my dream to have four children.'

Despite several bids for a world record in the past, the tiny dancer and karate fan had his dreams dashed because he was not an adult.

'There is no official title for the smallest teen, or smallest child, so Guinness told Khagendra he would have to wait for his title until he was old enough.

'I am happy now that I am an adult,' he said. 'I have been waiting for this day for many years. Being small like me is no fun as a boy, but as a man I will be special.'

The tiny teen, who weighs just 10lbs, first contacted the Guinness Book of World Records three years ago hoping to be recognised as the world's smallest boy but he was left heartbroken after being told there was no such category.

He has had to patiently wait until manhood for his miniature stature to be recognised around the world.

Khagendra has become something of a celebrity in his native Nepal, where politicians have backed his Guinness campaign.

Born in the remote Baglung District, 125 miles from the capital Kathmandu, Khagendra's family believe he was destined for greatness.

'He was born weighing only 600 grams (1lb 5oz),' said his mother Dhana Maya Thapa Magar, 33.

'It was like watching a newly hatched chick fresh from a shell.

'I admit that at first I was ashamed of him and would not leave the house, but now I only feel pride and am desperate for him to be named as the tiniest man in the world.'

No comments: